Three keys to more abundant living:
Join our community of volunteers to help bring safe water, improved sanitation and proper hygiene to rural communities.
Our volunteer program welcomes individuals, students, professionals and groups/teams of volunteers from all over the world. Volunteers can volunteer for a minimum of three weeks with any of our community projects or at an organisational level.
- Researching best practices and working solutions
- Evaluation of best practices
- Direct construction of water infrastructure like tanks under the supervision of skilled local constructors.
- Installation of facilities like hand washing facilities in schools, health centres, households and other public places.
- Loading and/or Offloading of construction materials at the site of construction together with locals
- You will be involved in plumbing and piping work for distribution of water where it will be used.
- Installation of guttering systems from roof catchment areas to rainwater storage facilities.
- Educating community members, pupils and students in schools about best water, sanitation and hygiene practices.
- Educating teachers on how to maintain a school-led Approach to proper sanitation and hygiene.
- Training students/pupils, teachers and communities on water-related diseases and how best to avoid them.
- Demonstrating to community members, pupils/students and teachers best handwashing practices and installation of low-cost materials.
- Development of easy-to-understand educational materials for schools and community members on water, sanitation and hygiene management practices in schools and communities.
- Distribution of water filtration devices among community members and institutions like schools and health centres